I know this is my first post back in quite a while...but things have been super busy! Things have been so crazy lately...work, my dance classes starting up for the fall, everyday busy things with Daniel...there hasn't been time for much else...but somehow in all of this crazy mess, Daniel has made it a point to make time.
For the last few months or so, Daniel and I have both been on the go. With work, spending time with his family, random events that would come up with my family, it seemed like nothing was slowing down. I'm not complaining in the least! I like my job, I love being able to teach my dance classes again, I love getting to spend time with Daniel's family, and there is never a dull moment in my family. I'm very lucky to have the life that I do.
Having said that...I started reaching the point where I felt like I was too spread out too often. I love the life that I have, and I am beyond blessed to have the people in it that I do, but I felt like I was bending over backwards trying to please everyone and I knew at some point I was going to break and it would all be too much. I'm not complaining about any of it, but I do know myself well enough to know that I needed a little time off.
Daniel, being the amazing man that he is, already knew it was coming...and I could tell that he was feeling the same way, too. After talking about how we were feeling about all of it (yes, even Daniel has started talking more about his feelings), Daniel made the executive decision that we would take an entire weekend off and just go away for a while. Don't get me wrong, we've done our fair share of fun things over the summer (up until recently, I've never really had much of a summer off since I was in junior high)...we've gone to plenty of concerts and movies, and we've gotten to go toobing (among MANY other fun activities) with his sister's family...but Daniel felt like we needed some time away together for a longer period of time than just an evening or so, and I was the last person that was going to argue with him about that.
So where did we go for our grand escape away? ...back to Corpus. As much as I wasn't sure about this whole idea of his, it ended up being the best thing that we could have ever done. We ended up staying at the home of a very good friend of mine and we were able to spend some time with some of the people from Corpus that I've missed the most. Most importantly, we got to spend time together...just us. What did we do...just the two of us alone in Corpus? We went fishing! For those who don't know Daniel, fishing is quite possibly his favorite thing to do in the entire world. Since we were at the coast, we bought a bunch of bait, and went fishing all day Saturday and most of Sunday afternoon and evening.
We didn't do anything to crazy...compared to most people, we had a relatively boring weekend: fishing, eating food with friends, dollar movies, eating more food with friends, more fishing...but it was the best weekend I've had in a very long time. We even got to bring my bunny Aria with us.
I'm tired of trying to bend myself over backwards for everyone. I love the people who are in my life...but I know that if something comes up, it's okay for me to take things slower than normal. They know I love them, and they'll understand. The hardest lesson in life that I'm still trying to learn is that you can't please everyone all of the time. Like I said...I still haven't learned this yet, and I think I'm subconciously trying to prove that statement wrong. One day I'll get it right...but until then, I keep pushing and keep learning.
Now that I've had an amazing mini vacation away...I know I can handle anything that comes up...fully recharged and ready!
...at least until the next break comes along...
Until then,
Abby <3
No comments:
Post a Comment